[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Im trying to find out if there are any string manipulation functions in
jstl because im tryong to truncate a sentence for example i want to only
display the first 10 characters of a sentence.

Im looking for something that would allow me to do something like <c:out
value="{$left(sentence,10)}" />

JSP 2.0 introduces functions, and JSTL 1.1 defines several standard functions, including a substring one. The specs aren't final though, so I don't have a great suggestion on how to do it today. In a couple of months though I'd expect the servlet engines will have it ready to use.

--
Serge Knystautas
President