I am working on a project that requires many list boxes to be populated from
a database.

I have done a lot of readying on this and managed to create a taglib that
will get my database fields and put it into a dropdown list, but I have to
use Form Beans for validation, which I could not figure out how to combined.

Can anyone point me to a place that shows something like this, or give me an
idea if this can be done?

This is what I am thinking. I need to use the..
for my form bean processing, but would like to fill it with a custom taglib
that gets fields from a database.

Thanks in advance for the help.