Hi!
I've just started using JSTL, and encountered a problem with the c.tld. I
get the following error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: XML parsing error on file
/WEB-INF/tlds/c.tld: (line 3, col 8): Document is invalid: no grammar
found.
I use the c.tld from the standard 1.1 distribution on Tomcat 4.1.27 and JDK
1.4.2_01 on Windows XP.
The opening lines of the c.tld are as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<taglib xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-jsptaglibrary_2_0.x
sd"
    version="2.0">
(the 'xsi:schemaLocation' attribute actually does fit on a single line)
(The error message points to the 'xmlns' attribute.)
BTW, in the original tld there is a space instead of a '/' between 'j2ee'
and 'web-' in the xsi:schemaLocation attribute.
When I use the "old-dependencies" JARs, I get this:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: XML parsing error on file
/WEB-INF/tlds/c.tld: (line 6, col 19): Document root element "taglib", must
match DOCTYPE root "null".
(This error message points to the '>' after "2.0" at the end of the
element.)
I have the same errors with other JSTL tlds. I am sure something in my
configuration is wrong or missing, but I can't figure out what...
Thanks.