I upgraded to tomcat 5 and taglib standard 1.0.4. In my deployment descriptor I replaced the old web-app_2_3.dtd reference with web-app_2_4.xsd . Now I'm having problems.

What was working fine:

<fmt:message key="${var4SomeKey}"/>

is now causing the JasperException:

According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute property does not accept any expressions.

I don't know why it should state that since the taglib was handling the EL expressions before perfectly.

In my web.xml I do not have any taglib tld location mappings and I'm wondering if I need them now to solve my problem.

I can't find any reference to this issue in the archives or google or bugzilla, but I'm sure it must be a well known issue.

Does anybody know what's up with my set-up?

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9