unfortunately I started this thread by asking for a struts substitute for
c:set

: - P

I'm working w/ a Servlet 2.2 container...

Savan Thongvanh
Berkley Technology Services

|         |           "Ruth, Brice"    |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           m>               |
|         |           10/25/2003 07:54 |
|         |           "Tag Libraries   |
|         |           Users List"      |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       Tag Libraries Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
              |
  |       cc:
                            |
  |       Subject:  Re: Substitute for <c:set>
                            |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

sweet, learn something new everyday :) Thank you!!

Kris Schneider wrote:

> <jsp:useBean id="paramMap" class="java.util.HashMap"/>
> <c:set target="${paramMap}" property="param1" value="value1"/>
> <c:set target="${paramMap}" property="param2" value="value2"/>

> Ruth, Brice wrote:
>
>> How exactly do do you do that (creating maps of parameters for
>> html:link)?
>>
>> James Mitchell wrote:
>>
>>> While I use c:set myself for dynamically creating maps of parameters
>>> for
>>> use with the html:link tag, Struts does not advocate adding logic into
>>> the view....and that's one (of many) reasons you won't find it in the
>>> core.
>>>
>>> Stick with c:set for now.
>>>

>>> My $.02
>>>

>>> --
>>> James Mitchell
>>> Software Engineer / Struts Evangelist
>>> http://www.struts-atlanta.org
>>> 678.910.8017 (c)
>>> 770.822.3359 (h)

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the transmitted documents contain
private, privileged and confidential information belonging to the sender.
The information therein is solely for the use of the addressee.  If your
receipt of this transmission has occurred as the result of an error, please
immediately notify us so we can arrange for the return of the documents.
In such circumstances, you are advised that you may not disclose, copy,
distribute or take any other action in reliance on the information
transmitted.