I don't believe that the locale object in pageContext.request will be updated by the fmt JSTL that you're using - but, the locale sensitive JSTL tags for formatting numbers & dates should pick it up correctly ... is that working?

e wrote:

What's wrong with this picture? I can't seem to set the locale correctly - it always prints out as en_US.

<%@ taglib prefix="f" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt"; %>
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; %>

<f:setLocale value='es'/>

<c:out value="${pageContext.request.locale}"/>

-- Brice D. Ruth Sr. IT Analyst Fiskars Brands, Inc.