Hi

I am currently building a Struts app which accesses a backend database for
alot of its info, so far so good.

However I am building a menu page dynamically based on database values and
I have a problem when trying to access a message bundle resource based on a
<c:set var > I have built up

Using <bean:message key="<c:out  value="${menuLabelName}"/>" /> doesn't
work as it thinks I have an unterminated tag in the code

Using <bean:message key="${menuLabelName}" /> doesn't work either as the
compiler now thinks that the ${ } is part of the resource bundle key name.

Should I be using <fmt:> here and what do I have to do about setting the
locale etc as this is something already set in the session on login. Can
<fmt:> pick up on the struts message resource bundle or do I have to
specify it explictly?

Thanks in advance for any help given, so far this list and the struts one
have been superb at answering this newbies questions

Thanks again

Joanne Corless

CSC Computer Sciences Limited
(   Office +44 (0)1772 318025
( Mobile +44 (0)7767 656588
* email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Based at: CSC, Alliance House, Library Road, Chorley, Lancs, PR6 7EN
CSC Computer Sciences Limited: Registered in England, No. 963578.
Registered office: Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot, Hampshire,
GU11 1PZ.

for such purpose.