Currently I'm trying to use ISO-8859-7 like:

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-7" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/fmt_rt"; prefix="fmt_rt" %>

Then, try to use the fmt_rt tags:

<fmt_rt:requestEncoding value="ISO-8859-7"/> <fmt_rt:setLocale value="el" /> <fmt_rt:message key="somekey"/>

However, the properties taken from my resource bundle do not print correctly (I have tried saving the file under both ISO-8859-7 and UTF-8).

Kris Schneider wrote:
I'm confused by your statement, "without the taglib reseting it each time". I
don't see where it's doing anything with character encoding. It sounds like
you're already doing something like:

<%@ page pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>

right? I suppose you could see if using a Filter to do:

request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");

has any effect. Or try configuring your browser to explicitly use Unicode or
Greek encoding (if it's not already).

Quoting "Emmanuil Batsis (Manos)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I seem to understand the problem somewhat better now, so my question is, how do I use an encoding like UTF-8 or ISO-8859-7 without the taglib reseting it each time iuse a tag like fmt_rt:message?

Emmanuil Batsis (Manos) wrote:

Hi,

I'm using a greek bundle like

<fmt_rt:setLocale value="<%=langId%>"/>
<fmt_rt:setBundle basename="i18n.messages"/>

and then a message like

<fmt_rt:message key="log.login"/>

but the result prints mostly question marks...

The encoding of the resource bundle, the JSP file and the JSP response is UTF-8. If any non-english user could share some insight it would be of great help.

Thanks,

Manos

-- Manos Batsis

    _  __    __                    __