Hey Derek and Jurjan-Paul,

It is true that there are SMTP servers which deny mail forwarding based
on invalid emails. What is however more likely is that the from-address
is being accepted by your SMTP server. When your SMTP server tries to
forward it to the recipient, one of the SMTP servers in the line to the
recipient denies the mail-address. At this point I have to start
guessing, but I think it is returned to the SMTP server that you used to
forward your mail. Your SMTP server however can't send the from-person
an email that processing failed, because the from-address was a dud.

What I always do, is use a definitely valid emailaddress as the from,
and set the reply-to header to the address that was entered on the
website.

Good luck!

Martin van Dijken