I just got that "prohibited content" email myself. All I'm sending is plaintext email.
Is that something from the mailing list doing it? Snipped Hans' original message out
and
am resending...

Thanks a lot, Hans! Yeah, I had seen a workaround like that would work. I groaned when
realized that, though. Some other forms I'm working on have a lot more date fields
(two
have 15 each), so it would get pretty ugly.

The other problem comes in when/if the date column data needs to be deleted. I have
another "UPDATE" form that pulls the existing data from the database and fills in the
form. People can then edit that entry. If the sql:dateParam tag worked like it's
supposed
to, they could just erase the date in the desired form field, and the JSTL tag would
set
it to NULL, effectively deleting it. The workaround wouldn't work in this case,
because
the field is not originally "empty". Fortunately, in the case of my application, dates
never should be deleted once entered. Mine is a unique case, though, and is
effectively
using what seems to be a bug to keep the date in the database. :p

Is there any chance of this problem being fixed in the case of the Oracle JDBC driver?

Keith