From: Rick Roberts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 1:48 PM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: Which jar file supports the XML tld?

Still not working.

If I only have jstl.jar and standard.jar in my lib directory then I get
this error message:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org/saxpath/SAXPathException
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(Unknown Source)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)

If I put saxpath.jar in my lib directory then Tomcat marks the context
as unavailable.

If I put xercesImpl.jar in the lib directory then Tomcat hangs and leave
a process running that I can only kill by restarting my machine (Redhat
9).

I have tried other combinations of jar files in the lib directory also
but get similar results.

I am using Tomcat 4.1.24.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Johnson, Chris wrote:

If you use the latest Tomcat 5.0.19 and 1.4.2x java, you don't really need any, but if you are using older versions, then try these for
starters:

jaxp-api.jar
dom.jar
sax.jar
xercesImpl.jar

Then if it seems to work, but complains about a missing class, you can

look for the missing class and add the necessary jar.

Chris

-----Original Message----- From: Rick Roberts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 7:14 AM To: Taglibs Users List Subject: Which jar file supports the XML tld?

There are several JAR files with the JSTL distribution. If i just drop them all into my lib directory then Tomcat complains and marks the context as invalid.

So, which jar files are required to get started with XML?

Thank,

-- ******************************************* * Rick Roberts * * Advanced Information Technologies, Inc. * * http://www.aitsupport.com * *******************************************