>> What's the current "State of the (JSP) Art" with respect to JSTL vs.
>> JavaBeans? Is one preferred over the other?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. JSTL can use and manipulate JavaBeans -
> they're complimentary technologies, rather than alternatives. Perhaps
> if you could describe a little about what your page is doing, or even
> provide a piece of it for us to look at, we'd be able to better help
> you decide on the best approach.

Personally, I dislike using both technologies in the same place.  I think
that it encourages obfuscation, of which I think the entire world could
use less.  For that matter, I also dislike using <% %> scripting
altogether, and for the same reason.  (But sometimes finding the balance
between ideals and reality deems it unavoidable.)

Technologically, both methods of JSP coding are perfectly valid, so it's
really just a matter of your own preference.

.  Topher