I am trying to use the IO taglibs in a JSP project, running on Tomcat 4
on a Debian unstable system.  I have succesfully used other taglibs in
this project, but now I need to add this one.  I have added the the
taglib definition to web.xml, and included the taglib tag at the head
of my code, but when it tries to parse the IO tld it complains that:-

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /test.jsp(0,0) XML parsing error on
     file /WEB-INF/tld/taglibs-io.tld: (line 5, col 50): Attribute
     "xmlns:xalan" must be declared for element type "taglib".

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

David