Hi,

I went through the java i18n tutorial, and I found
some informations about compound messages :
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/format/messageFormat.html

The problem is that I did not succed to use compound
messages with JSTL :(

My JSP :
...]
<%@ taglib prefix="fmt"
uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt"; %>
[...]
<fmt:message key="messageDeTest" bundle="${bundle_2}">
        <fmt:param value="1234" />
</fmt:message>
[...

My .properties file:
...]
testMessage = Bla bla bla : {0,number,integer}
[...

I get an error when I try to access this page with my
browser :

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot format given
Object as a Number ...

Acutally, it works fine, when I use a message like :
testMessage = Bla bla bla : {0}

But, when I specify {0,number,integer} it does not
work anymore.

Does message tag works with compound messages using
format specification (I mean {0,number,integer} for
instance) ? How can I make it work ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

J.L.

Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !Téléchargez Yahoo!
Messenger sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com