Any JAR files in common/lib are automatically available to TC and its apps.
See:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

For an explanation of TC's class loading architecture. Can you provide some
detail about the errors you're getting?

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>