Try using:

<c:forEach items="${servletContext.addressesDB.addresses}" ...>

So it gets addressesDB bean from the servletContext and query for the addresses property (it is, calls getAddresses()). If getAddresses reloads the array, it works.

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/JSPIntro7.html#wp71043
(framed page from http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/index.html).