Hi,
        Tbanks for that. I was using the 2.4 schema:

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";
    version="2.4">

And tried (although PermittedTablibs.tld is not in the picture):

        <taglib>
            <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core</taglib-uri>
            <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/c.tld</taglib-location>
        </taglib>

Using this gave me a 500 error (can't find said file). Before edition it
looked something like:

        <taglib>
            <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/core</taglib-uri>
            <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/c.tld</taglib-location>
        </taglib>

The code hasn't changed (below). Are you suggesting I use that URL in
the JSP / .tag? If so, my IDE cannot resolve the library (IDEA).

Thanks for your thoughts.

Paul.

I had the same prob. And 2 things I did that worked:

1. try using the 2.4 schema definition in web.xml
2. if the PermittedTablibs.tld is involved make sure your <taglib-uri>
is
http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core

Hi,
        I am trying to introduce JSP 2 with Tomcat 5 (full source
below), and thus experimenting with the JSTL expression language in JSP
tag files (.tag). I am bemused as to why I cannot embed the expression
language within a JSTL tag thus:

    <c:forEach begin="${a}" end="${b}" varStatus="status">

        ${status.count} <br/>

    </c:forEach>

Tomcat is really unhappy with this:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /WEB-INF/tags/wrapper.tag(13,4)
According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute begin
does not accept any expressions
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHand
ler.java:39)

the same code with <c:forEach begin="1" end="5" varStatus="status">
iterates 5 times with no trouble. I have the latest tld's from Jakarta,
status.count is displaying correctly.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks

Paul.