I know T-SQL on MS SQL Server has functions that allow for date formatting. Maybe
something similar exists for Oracle.

Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 1:18 PM
To: Taglibs
Subject: Display Taglib & Dates

I just got the Display taglib to try and make some of my job a little easier. Things
seemed to be going good til I ran across the problem of a date field. I'm pulling from
an
Oracle database, so the following query:

<sql:query var="projects">
        SELECT a.project_id,
                a.project_name,
                a.kickoff_date
        FROM project_main a
        ORDER BY project_id DESC
</sql:query>

returns something like this:

10016
Project1234
2004-07-15 00:00:00.0

I'd like to format the date field to look like this: 15-Jul-2004
Before, I just used the <fmt:formatDate> tag, but I'm at a loss for how to use it in
conjuction with the display taglib. I tried using the TO_CHAR function in the database
query to format my date beforehand, but then it doesn't return any date information at
all. Any help?

Keith