It looks like the TLD contains:

<tagclass>oreilly.examples.Hello</tagclass>

So make sure your Java source includes the appropriate package declaration:

package oreilly.examples;

>From the comments in that article, it looks like people ran into a few issues
with the code.

Quoting Java Techie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi,
> Deploying my first Custom Tag Example;
>
> **ERROR**:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /hello.jsp(9,16)
> Unable to load tag handler class "Hello" for tag
> "sample:hello"

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:39)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:357)....

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>