Really the only way to do this is by modifying your own tag to
incorporate the functionality of the Struts tags. It's not possible to
output JSP code from a tag and have that evaluated. We had the same
discussion a couple of days ago in a separate thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/taglibs-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg07615.html

--
Martin Cooper