From: Jordy van der Vliet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: vrijdag 22 oktober 2004 23:09
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in
prolog.

All,

I have the following code working in a tomcat 5.0 working with jstl 1.1 on
one machine, but at another machine also with tomcat 5.0.28 and jstl 1.1 the
code gives the following error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is
not allowed in prolog.

<%@ taglib uri='http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core' prefix='c' %> <%@ taglib
uri='http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/xml'  prefix='x' %>

<c:import var="nieuwsXML" url="nieuws.xml"/>

<x:parse doc="${nieuwsXML}" var="nieuwsDOC"  />

For test purposes i stripped down the XML file down to the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<test>hallo</test>

Does anyone have an idea what is causing this problem? Maybe some problem
with jar/jstl versions ? like different xalan jars? jdk versions?

I have no idea what this error precisely means and how to solve it. Thanks
in advance for any tips.

Cheers,
     Jordy van der Vliet