Hi,

I'm trying to use JSTL to open a file on the server and process it line
by line. So to read in the file, I'm using the <c:import> tag with the
varReader attribute, which returns a java.io.Reader instead of a
String. But I can't seem to find a way to use the varReader with either
the <c:forEach> or <c:forTokens> tag to loop through each line in the
file. The data in the file is just a list of names. I could use
<c:import> with the var attribute instead of the varReader, and then
use <c:forTokens>, but then it doesn't treat newlines as delimiters.
When I put "\n" as the delimiter for <c:forTokens>, it takes it to use
either the backslash or the character 'n' as the delimiters. Does
anyone know how I can do what I'm trying to do in JSTL?

To bascially sum it all up, I want to read in a text file containing a
list of names, and loop through each line. I want to validate the name,
then add it to a database if the name is valid. I can take care of all
the database part using the <sql:query> tag. I just need some help with
tags to do the file processing part.

Thanks