At 04:55 PM 4/19/2005 -0500, you wrote:
Thanks for the input and ideas. The servlet approach seems to have potential
but I think because our company will be the only users of the taglib I'm
going to force the user of the lib to paste a special taglib folder into the
context.

i.e, {context}/WEB-INF/classes/taglib ?

Then in your servlets you can access them using Class.getResource(string), Class.getResourceAsStream(string) where string is something like "/taglib/car.gif".

Instead of forcing the user to past the taglib folder, if you use Ant or Maven to build the web application, a "deploy" target/task can do that for you.

It would be really cool if there was a standard that made it possible for a
taglib author to specify a folder in the jar that they want to make
available off the context but I could see how it would create some security
concerns.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rahul P Akolkar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Tag Libraries Users List" <taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org> Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 4:44 PM Subject: Re: packing images and style sheets with a taglib