Patrick -- From the tomcat FAQ:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/tomcatuser.html#why

Based on your email, I don't think the second bullet is the problem
:-) Usually some of the devs are also subscribed to the sister users
list and cross-posting or bug reporting due to lack of a response on
the users list is inadvisable, but in this particular case, I'd say
its a subjective call.

-Rahul