On 8/25/05, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/25/05, Dima Gutzeit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Actually it will work outside of <c:out/> since it is EL expression.
>
> Assuming a JSP 2.0 container, yes. Not on JSP 1.2, though (and of
> course functions won't work in an earlier container, either). My guess
> at this point is that Suneetha is not using a JSP 2.0 container, hence
> the problems.
<snip/>

Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 08/25/2005 04:04:14 PM:
> On 8/25/05, Dima Gutzeit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Actually it will work outside of <c:out/> since it is EL expression.
>
> Assuming a JSP 2.0 container, yes. Not on JSP 1.2, though (and of
> course functions won't work in an earlier container, either). My guess
> at this point is that Suneetha is not using a JSP 2.0 container, hence
> the problems.

Its 2.0 alright ;-)

"I am using tomcat5.x version and jstl1.1" (quote from initial email
in this thread).

In the second email in this thread, I offered a link to the wiki FAQ [
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-taglibs/FrequentlyAskedQuestions ]. It
contains entries about web app descriptor versions and JSTL URIs for
1.0/1.1. I guess it makes no sense to post the pointer once again ;-)

-Rahul