I am having trouble using jelly to access a 'raw' datatype from an Oracle
database.

This is what I am trying to do. I have data in a 'proprietary' format stored
in raw fields in an Oracle database, and I have a class for parsing the data
in the raw field to give me some useful information. In traditional java code
using jdbc, my class works fine.

I have written a custom tag that wraps my class, so that I can manipulate the
raw data from a jelly script. Heres the problem : the jelly script (read the
jstl sql tags) don't seem to extract the same data from the raw field as the
java code does; for a start, I get a lot less data.

Any ideas?

thanks

Mark