I am actually trying to execute a JSP file (dynamically) that is located on
the file system (outside of the webapp) at runtime.

The problem with using a JSP include is you can not execute JSP files
outside of the web-app let alone on the local file system of the server.

According to Martin my problem is as follows:

> That's because, since you are using a file URL, the request is not being
> made via HTTP, and thus is not being processed by a container as a JSP
page
> request. You'll need to use an HTTP (or HTTPS) URL to get the file
processed
> as JSP.

So the <c:import> will always only ever embed static content. The reason why
it would work as HTTP or HTTPS is because the container where the imported
file is retrieved takes care of processing it. I presume using "
ftp://dira/dirb/include-file.jsp"; as the URL would have exactly the same
results as the "file://dira/dirb/include-file.jsp" import. So is there any
sort of trickery that would allow me to import a JSP directly from the
servers file system at runtime and have it processed?