Rashmi Rubdi wrote:
> I was also able to fix this problem:
>   java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xpath/XPathException
>
>   by adding jar files from xalan-j 2.7 to
>   Tomcat's common\lib
>   serializer.jar
> xalan.jar
> xercesImpl.jar
> xml-apis.jar
> xsltc.jar
>
>   I don't know why it didn't work, when these jar files were added to my
> projects\lib folder

I don't either :-)

I dropped your WAR file into a relatively fresh 5.5.17 install and
got an xpath exception on your test page; then I added *only* xalan.jar
to WEB-INF/lib, reloaded the context, and it worked.

Make sure you don't have multiple copies of those jars installed in
different places.

You, too, might want to experiment with a clean install of Tomcat.

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                opinion: webtuitive.blogspot.com