My web.xml version is 2.4 and i'm using the 1.1.2 versions of jstl and standard JARs in my project. I should note that those JARs are in EAR/APP-INF/lib and the WAR classloader is prompted to them by the WAR manifest (not sure if this is needed. My JSP root elem is as follows:

<jsp:root version="2.0" xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core";
xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page";>

However, c:foo tags are not evaluated at all by the container (tomcat 5.ish in jboss 4.0.3) and are passed to the output stream as-is.

I tried to figure out what JSR specifies how auto-discovery works but failed miserably. Can someone point out what i'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

Manos