http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/sandbox/doc/datagrid-doc/index.html#requirements

> "This custom tag library requires a servlet container that supports
> the JavaServer Pages Specification, version 1.2 or higher. It also
> requires the Jakarta JSTL Tag Libraries 1.0 and the Common Math
> Library 1.0."
>
> -Regards
> Rashmi
>

> On 4/28/07, Venu Madhav.Yelamanchili <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>  I tried to use the datagrid tags provided by apache. I found a code
>> segment
>> like ui:dataGrid items="${alist}". But this is not working for me.
>> bcoz the
>> items attribute in gridtaglib is not accepting runtime expressions.
>> please
>> provide the correct usage of your grid taglibs. ?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Venu madhav.Yelamanchili

Hi,
             Am using every thing according to specifications. After
opening link below

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/sandbox/doc/datagrid-doc/index.html#requirements

go to TagReference. There in the first row it was given as attribute
items wont support  RunTime ExpressionEvaluation. But in the example
below that  table  it was given as

|<ui:dataGrid *items="${employees}"* var="employee" name="datagrid1"
cellPadding="0" cellSpacing="0">
How is it possible. when i copied the same copied into my editor and
executed . I got an error which states that the attribute ITEM will not
accept
expressions.

*item* or *items*? What is the *exact* error message, and what is the
*exact* syntax you are using?

The "Runtime Expression Evaluation" column in the documentation refers to
JSP scripting expressions, not the expression language you are using.

If you're not already using JSP 2.x, I would recommending doing so and
ensuring that your web.xml file is referencing Servlets 2.4 and not an
earlier version.

--
Martin Cooper

--