Here it is.

I use Tomcat 5.0.28.  I also use the tomcat connector and apache to
listen on port 80 to domain names of my websites.  Each website has a
virtual host configured in httpd.conf (apache) and server.xml (tomcat).
The configuration works great except for one thing.  The tomcat
container is not able to execute my ResourceManagerListener servlet,
which is a class where I initialize all my application variables.  The
class is referenced in the my webapp web.xml file as follows:

<listener>
    <listener-class>
            servlets.ResourceManagerListener
        </listener-class>
  </listener>

ResourceManagerListener is located under the directory
"<webapp>/WEB-INF/classes/servlets".  When I do not use any virtual
hosting and I reference the website from the base directory, such as
http://www.mytomcatbase.com/mywebappfolder instead of
http://www.mywebapp.com , then every thing works.

Please advise how I can specify a listener class in web.xml after a
virtual hosting configuration moves the container context.

Thx, Lamine.