Hiya!

I just got tahoe installed on OSX, and think the instructions could do
with update.

1) Firstly, there's no section for it at all here:
https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/Installation

It is a very popular client Unix OS these days, so I think worth
having explicitly.

2) I started with the source code, and had little luck. In the end my
best luck was with pip.

I think anyway, for lots of users, it would be good to clearly show
that tahoe is in pip on that page. It is a pretty useful installation
system.

3) I used this command - I explicitly use pip2, as I have Python 3
installed too:

$ pip2 install --user allmydata-tahoe

4) I got this error with ffi.h:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22875270/error-installing-bcrypt-with-pip-on-os-x-cant-find-ffi-h-libffi-is-installed/25854749#25854749

These instructions from that StackOverflow question seem to work:
$ brew install pkg-config libffi
$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/libffi/3.0.13/lib/pkgconfig/

5) The final binary for user installs in pip on OSX these days ends up in
here ~/Library/Python/2.7/bin/tahoe, which isn't on the PATH by
default.

Francis
--
Do *you* have an awesome idea you never quite manage to do?
http://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/liverpool/