I know my way around the terminal and instructions weren't difficult.
Followed instructions here:

https://tahoe-lafs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/magic-folder-howto.html

But if I remember correctly, when it came time to create under "Setting
up Magic Folder" it wouldn't allow creation for nodes. Specifically at
the "create magic:" part error showed in terminal as unknown command.

Went to:

https://tahoe-lafs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/frontends/magic-folder.html

Nothing in tahoe.cfg regarding:

[magic_folder]

enabled = (boolean, optional)

Tried to paste in, etc...

Nothing.

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 4:56 AM, MaQ <sh...@canaglie.org> wrote:

> I've tried to set up magic folders on local machine, but settings aren't
> available in tahoe.config as shown in documentation.
>
> I'm using tahoe version from debian repositories...

Hi MaQ,

I believe that the version packaged in Debian is 1.12.1 (
https://packages.debian.org/sid/utils/tahoe-lafs) and that magic folders
are meant to be available in 1.12.1 (
http://tahoe-lafs.readthedocs.io/en/tahoe-lafs-1.12.1/magic-folder-howto.html
).

Can you explain more about the problem?  When you say "settings aren't
available in tahoe.config" (tahoe.cfg presumably), what do you mean exactly?

Jean-Paul