Tahoe-LAFS devchat 19-sep-2017

Attendees: warner, meejah

* landing some docs PRs
* looking at meejah's PR 417, failing some tor integration tests,
  hopefully intermittent
  * looks good, landing
* under what circumstances should an operation fail with "we're not
  ready, try again later"?
  * if this was a library, not a daemon, how would it work?
* maybe have frontend requests include an expiration date
  * if we can't get the file by that date, just give up
  * that gives us permission to stop trying after some point
* landed PR440 (complain if twistd.pid file is corrupt)
* PR441: rework, probably just advise user to investigate and delete a
  corrupted pid file
* PR437 (tub.listen=): will land after CI passes
* PR442 (multi-magic folder): looks pretty good
  * should it automatically migrate a config to the new approach? or
    require an explicit command