Hi,

† wrote (20 Jul 2011 02:41:12 GMT) :

> The latter is causing dependency error because after build with
> git-buildpackage there is requirement for python2.6 | python2.7,
> python (>= 2.6.6-7~) in control file,

Building with a clean, up-to-date Squeeze i386 chroot, using
cowbuilder and git-buildpackage, the generated binary package I get
has these Python dependencies:

  Depends: python2.6 | python2.5, python (>= 2.6.6-3+squeeze3~), python (<< 2.7)

So it's obvious your chroot was tainted, at some point, with packages
that are not part of Debian Squeeze. I'd bet you have installed some
bits of Python libs coming from testing or unstable one day into
there, or other tainting trickery. Please re-create your Squeeze
chroot from scratch, should be a simple "cowbuilder --create ....".

> although original control file (in git) shows only Build-Depends:
> debhelper (>= 7.0.50~), python (>= 2.6.6-3~) and Depends:
> ${python:Depends}.

The build-deps are irrelevant here.
${python:Depends} indeed is replaced at package build time by The
Right Thing™ (generally).

Bye,
--
  intrigeri <intrig...@boum.org>