> > Proposal: install Tor 0.2.2.x RC in the devel branch, meant to prepare
> > Tails 0.8, and fix that annoying DNS configuration in there (I
> > prepared last part in commit 849e922 of
> > feature/support_arbitrary_dns_queries Git branch, built a Tails image
> > from it, and tested it with Tor 0.2.2 RC. Seems to work nicely.)
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> While I'm not against it in principle, I wonder if this specific feature
> is important enough to break our policy of keeping Tor at the latest
> stable in every release. To me this move seems a bit arbitrary; I'd
> expect most future RCs to contain features of at least as much
> importance, so if we'd be consistent we'd basically always ship an RC
> when available.

I think it makes a lot of sense to actually switch the devel branch to
the current Tor beta version when it's available. By doing so, we might
notice bugs that other Tor users would not.

In this particular case, I think it's a reasonable blocker to actually
wait for the Tor project to declare the 0.2.2 branch as stable before
releasing Tails 0.8.

Alan