Hi,

I'm getting increasingly fed up with cherry-picking patches from the
devel branch into testing / stable branches. That process creates
a lot of duplicate commits, and makes it quite hard to see what's new
in a release being prepared / what commits are possible candidates.

So I propose we do the following experiment from now to the release of
the probable Tails 0.10.1:

Anyone who wants to prepare a bugfix that may end up in 0.10.1 should:

  1. Fork from the stable branch (*not* from devel!):
     git checkout -b bugfix/NAME_OF_THE_BUG origin/stable
  2. Do their job: $EDITOR ; git commit
  3. Test, test, test.
  4. Merge bugfix/NAME_OF_THE_BUG into devel.
  5. Propose bugfix/NAME_OF_THE_BUG for merging into stable (unless
     it's really trivial and well tested - in that case, be bold,
     merge into stable and deal with the mess if needed).

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri <intrig...@boum.org>