Hi,

Been a long time I haven't pop up around. Hope everyone is fine here. I'm
slowly recovering from my burn out and try to catch up on the todo items I
left over. Still it doesn't prevent me to procrastinate. :)

Lately I have played with cucumber for another project and thought it
would be fun to write Tails' tests with it. So I've looked a bit more at
the sikuli developement status and noticed there as a ruby gem to use it.

It has been pretty easy then to plug cucumber + libvirt + sikuli so that
it is possible to write tests and have them run against a VM display.

It requires to use jruby, as sikuli is java. But there might be other ways
to implement it.

I've pushed my POC in a new branch `feature/automated_tests/cucumber` and
documented it a bit on the wiki :
https://tails.boum.org/todo/automated_builds_and_tests/cucumber

It shouldn't be very hard to had some more functionalities, like sniffing
the libvirt network traffic to add cucumber steps like "Then the network
traffic should flow only though Tor."

I've heard that some of you are commited to work on the automatic builds
and tests part of the project soon, and I've seen that it was also
mentioned in this year GSOC (congrats Julien btw). So might be usefull at
some point.

Take care

bert.