>> 1. the Tahoe-LAFS debian package:
>>
>> This part is done. Great!
>>
> Congratulation :)
> Tahoe documentation could mention this:
> https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/docs/quickstart.rst

OK... I volunteer to update
https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/docs/quickstart.rst
to mention install Tahoe-LAFS using the Debian package.

>> 2. Tails persistent volume assistant feature additions:

> It's good to have a concrete integration proposition! Looks good to me
> (understandable and usable), but i'm curious about other people's
> opinions. And... would that not be better to have, like you propose, 3
> columns, but the third being Tahoe, so users can choose to persist
> localy, OR on Tahoe, OR both - by selecting one column, the other, or
> both. But... Tahoe column should be grey if Tahoe has not been configured.

Since Tahoe-LAFS is not a posix compliant filesystem...
we cannot easily create a persistent volume that only
stores data on a Tahoe grid. There is an ugly FUSE hack
but it is extremely ineffient.

So there should be three options per persistent file-set:
1. do not persist
2. persist to local media
3. persist to local media AND a Tahoe-LAFS grid

For the use case where you only want to store the data in
the Tahoe grid... then simply use the Tahoe commandline
tools to upload the file(s).

> And also, who volunteers to hack the persistent volume assistant?

I volunteer to hack the persistent volume assistant.
I would certainly help out with documentation as well.

>> 3. periodic Tahoe-LAFS backup scheduler
> I suggest to raise the idea in Tahoe mailing list... once it exists we
> can see if it's interesting for Tails :)

I agree! Daira from the Tahoe-LAFS dev team pointed me to the relevant
Tahoe trac tickets. I will be carefully reviewing these... and chatting with the
Tahoe-LAFS dev team when I need advice/assistance/ideas.

>> 4. Tahoe-LAFS backup GUI applet

I'll be opening a Tahoe-LAFS trac ticket about this one soon.
Of course it will have to be written for the same desktop environment
that Tails uses.
I agree that this is lower priority than hacking the persistent volume assistant
and writing a Tahoe-LAFS client configuration assistant. I will work
on those first.

Onward!

David