On 2014-08-16 14:00, ban...@openmailbox.org wrote:
On 2014-08-16 00:38, ban...@openmailbox.org wrote:
On 2014-08-15 15:22, ban...@openmailbox.org wrote:
On 2014-08-14 23:26, ban...@openmailbox.org wrote:
Hi. I found out why onioncat wasn't working and configured it
accordingly with help from Bernhard. It was a peculiarity that had to
do with our specific two machine design.

Now VOIP works. Linphone is what we'll be using. Thought I'd tell you
so you guys can add that too.

Details:
https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,407.msg3360.html#msg3360

Unfortunately the Linphone version in Debian stable does not have zrtp
support. But wouldn't Hidden Services and onioncat be providing the
authentication layer?

Note that Linphone does have a text messaging mode but its completely
plaintext. Again it shouldn't matter if what I'm saying about Hidden
Services is correct.

More interesting information on the functionality of VOIP clients. you
might like to factor them into your blueprint
https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,407.msg3396.html#msg3396

You are right. Please make a backport and I will work on instructions
for authentication.

Here is what Bernhard says about authentication: https://www.whonix.org/w/index.php?title=OnionCat&stable=0&shownotice=1&fromsection=Security#Security

A backport is necessary to take advantage of it. A backport of linphone is nice too, but not strictly necessary as the first. Even if untested your linphone backport is very likely to work so please include it too.