Hi,

> Hi all,
>
> I want to contribute to the Tails website code.

Great! Welcome on board.

> I read everything about contributing to Tails I found on tails website
> contributors pages.
> But I didn't find a lot of things about contributing to the website
> (design or code).

At the moment we are in the process of thinking what exactly we will do
to restructure and redesign our website. There have been some
discussions at the Tails HackFest. We did not agree on anything in
particular yet though.

We have created a blueprint [0] about the website structure. Different
people made different drafts about how we could reorganize the website.

The discussion about these issues should take place on the tails-ux
mailinglist [1].  I say "should" because in practice we have had little
time recently to discuss more on the proposals. But we are keen to get
more input on these ideas.

Furthermore you can find tickets related to the website on our
bugtracker [2][3]. Tickets which do not yet have an assignee can be
taken by you, if interested.

Please tell us what kind of work you would be interested in in
particular (design, code, documentation, reorganizing, something else?)
Are you familiar with ikiwiki, CSS, markdown, anything else or do you
need guidance? Please don't hesitate to ask.

Sajolida is the one here who knows the website best and who can give you
more information, or tasks.

> What branch should my work be based on?

We tend to create a new branch based on master for every modification.

You will also need to be able to build the wiki locally in order to
verify your modifications before asking for review. [4]

> Thanks,

If you are available on september 3rd, please do not hesitate to
participate in the contributor meeting on IRC too. This might be easier
to sort some things out.

Cheers,
u.

[0] https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2014-July/000028.html