28/07/14 21:49, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks to Jake's and jvoisin's input (yay, I digged some useful stuff
> from this list's archives), I put into shape the bits of design doc
> needed to explain why we think that it's possibly useful, and not too
> risky, to disable TCP timestamps in Tails.
>
> This, combined with the fact an ISO with TCP time stamps passes the
> automated test suite, makes me comfortable requesting a review'n'merge
> of feature/6579-disable-tcp-timestamps into the devel branch, for
> Tails 1.2.

So I've tested this passively quite a lot (thanks to experimental
builds) without noticing any issue I can ascribe to this. I've also
looked at packet dumps in Wireshark, and if I set a filter for
tcp.options.timestamp.tsval, then I don't see any packets with this
branch in but without it (e.g. in Tails 1.1.2) I see tons of packets
(e.g. my anti-test). So it looks good. Merged!

Cheers!