On 10/12/15 19:16, u wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Andrew Gallagher:
>> Nobody interested?
>
> I guess most of us are simply quite busy atm - but yes, as we created
> this ticket initially, we are interested in such a solution. Thank you
> for working on this.

Sorry, that may have come out more sarcastic than I intended! I saw the
ticket had been around for a while and someone did appear to be working
on it so I wanted to check before duplicating effort.

> I had a quick view, but I am not knowledgeable in Perl and just saw that
> you use rsync, as suggested also in our blueprint on the matter:
> https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/backups/
> Did you read it?

Yes, the "Clone everything" option is sufficient for my needs, so I
coded only for it.

> The Installer is written in Python and uses GTK so I suppose that a
> backup that wants to get integrated into the installer should probably
> use Python (correct me if that is totally wrong, please).

I'm assuming that also. I wrote it in perl because that's what I'm most
comfortable with - and I initially discounted the likelihood of
integrating it into the official code.

Andrew.