Iain Learmonth:
> Hi,
>
> On 20/03/2020 15:30, sajolida wrote:
>>> In Tails' threat model it is assumed that adversaries monitor the default
>>> bridges provided by the Tor Browser, and that our users want to avoid
>>> detection of that, so we are not interested in adding the default bridges
>>> to Tails
>>
>> We're not offering the default bridges in Tails also because it's
>> impossible right now to store your bridge configuration in the
>> Persistent Storage.
>
> Maybe I've overlooked something obvious, but could you use Moat?
>
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/bridgedb.git/tree/README.rst#n391
>
> This would use meek to fetch the bridges, but then you have non-default
> bridges for the rest of the session. It can be automated as part of the
> Tor start-up, but you do need to solve a CAPTCHA.

Nothing is preventing us except more work. :) Essentially, Tails only allows
the tor process to talk clearnet as part of its Tor enforcement [1], which
makes this a bit trickier than in less locked down environments that Tor
Launcher is designed to run from. But it indeed looks like also adding Moat
support (and making it the default, I think) is the way for us to go, so thanks
for the reminder! :)

Cheers!

[1] https://tails.boum.org/contribute/design/Tor_enforcement/