Hi,

David A. Wheeler:

On Feb 4, 2023, at 2:18 PM, David A. Wheeler <dwhee...@dwheeler.com> wrote:

Currently Tails includes and supports wget. I propose *also* adding support for
curl.

Replying to myself, I think there's a slightly better way to automatically
support curl.
I previously proposed setting the "ALL_PROXY" environment variable, but the best
setting for curl using ALL_PROXY uses prefixes that might confuse other tools
that might *also* read from ALL_PROXY.

So instead I propose this, to make Tails automatically support curl, while not
interfering with any other program.

You might want to try `torsocks --isolate curl` (I didn't test it but that's often enough to make any program use Tor).

You can also make Tails install curl automatically via the Additional Software feature.

Cheers
segfault