On Fri, 6 Jun 2008, 80n wrote:
> I'm not saying that Yahoo tracers should not do roads, but please do lakes
> and buildings and stuff first.  Give the GPS guys a chance to do the roads.
> It's a big planet we are not going to run out of unmapped space any time
> soon.
>
> 80n

This weekend I'm going to Darwin (plane, car not fixed yet) and that city has
a lot of streets done by Yahoo, no names, not much detail.
So on foot, should I be photographing all the street signs or walking up and
down every street trying to get a GPS trace?

My main technical interest is whether the work in Darwin requires redoing as
there has not been an adequate georeferencing of the photogrammetry.

(for you lot - are the streets in the right place on the ground or are we
several hundred metres out overall)

I can't see a problem with anyone adding from any source PROVIDED it is
IDENTIFIED
How else will we get Darwin mapped?