When routing over a long distance, you probably want to avoid: straight on
Interstate Highway, straight on Main Street, straight on Interstate Highway,
straight on Main Road, straight on Interstate Highway, etc.

But when routing locally, you probably want to have the local name of the
street.

Perhaps -
name: Baker Street
alt_name or reg_name: Midland Highway