That's a shame.

A couple of years ago I had an email conversation with someone from the
Lands Department
and got permission to 'Derive Suburb Boundaries' - however when I thought
about the conversation
more deeply I  came to the conclusion that it probably wasn't ok as he had
probably got a bogus
understanding of the OSM license (as I did not understand it that well at
the time).

Unfortunately, when I went back to contact him he seems to have disappeared.

cheers

--
Franc