--- On Mon, 8/6/09, Nick Hocking <nick.hock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok - I was booked on a flight to LA (hoping to get on
> a new A380), but then swine flu broke out.
> Also I found out that Hertz had sold off all their GTH
> Shelby Mustangs, which was the main reason I went to the
> USA in the first place.

I love mass hysteria, makes flights easier and cheaper to get :)

> Ok - so now all I have to avoid is the Ross River
> Virus,  --- no problems

If you want grannies tales and what not, sprays with eucalyptus oil are usually
good insect repellents and eucalyptus oil is a natural anti-septic, tea tree
oil is supposed to be good too but I haven't used it.

A hardware store near here sells tropical strength/adult only grade insect
repellent too, I can vouch for that, mossies seem to love me and that keeps the
buggers away.

> When I was in Thailand, someone, who said they were a
> doctor, said  that all I had to do to avoid Malaria was to
> drink
> a bottle of wisky every day.

Might have kept malaria away but what did it do to your liver? lol