John Smith wrote words, punctuation and other good stuff:

There's been heaps of improvements happening over on the JOSM dev site
to the program and the various plugins, particularly all your good work
on the Validator plugin.

I usually err on caution's side and run with the  tested version of this
kind of fast developing software, however I'm keen to make use of all
the new features and work everyone has been putting in.

Is there a recent version that you'd recommended  that seems pretty
stable and safe, or should I continue to wait a while; much like a child
looking anxiously at the presents around the tree several days out from
Christmas?

Rick :)

PS: Liz ... keep your eyes off my user agent! j/k ;)